To engage more parental opinion, we did the following:
- We constructed our own survey, using predominantly the questions from the Parent View framework;
- As parents arrived for Sports Day they were handed a copy of the survey, with a clip board and pencil, by a member of the Governing Body. By making it an event where parents were there for a while, and by giving them the equipment to complete the survey, this broke down barriers to completing the survey;
- The personal approach by a governor helps with engagement by the parents;
- As the day progressed the surveys were collected in;
- Parents who were unable to attend Sports Day were asked to collect a copy of the survey from the School Office for subsequent return;
- Whilst circulating with parents, governors were able to direct operational issues to appropriate members of the school team, but equally hear at first hand areas of particular success and concern.