Change of approach to incorporate better assessment by:
- Weekly interventions with EYFS teacher, focussing specifically on closing the gaps;
- Key skills small group work with additional staff and volunteers;
- National Baseline assessment (Early Excellence) in April 2015, and training of staff to support standardised assessment;
- Online learning journeys purchased to support tracking and gaps analysis;
- Outdoor learning spaces were developed to better encourage self-directed learning opportunities;
- We frequently change themes and topics to create an immersive, creative experience for the children;
- Despite the constraints on the budget, we have recruited a highly skilled teacher to lead, who had been a county lead practitioner.