To create a cohesive and practical approach to learning we have developed the following:
- Every EYFS and KS1 class spends half a day per week in the forest classroom, with KS2 using the classroom as part of their humanities curriculum;
- The forest activities and classroom complement the work we do for eco-schools and sit well together;
- The activities planned support all aspects of the curriculum and are designed to be part of our holistic approach;
- Leadership in this area is supported with time and training; the majority of staff are fully trained in Forest School skills at least to Level 1;
- A wildlife club is part of our extra-curricular provision;
- Click here for forest schools information.