We planned and delivered the following activities around the whole class book, ‘The Firework-Maker’s Daughter’ by Philip Pullman:
- The two classes across the school worked together, with activities planned alternatively across the settings, as well as classwork completed in between sessions;
- Reading inference skills were planned into the opening lessons;
- Drama techniques were developed using a ‘conscience alley’ where the two classes came together to explore one chapter;
- This then led into a piece of writing, demonstrating skills around constructing an argument;
- We created a shared performance, working collaboratively and building team skills. This was performed to the parents in both schools.