There are a range of opportunities provided for children including:
- Philosophy is explicitly taught weekly from Reception to Year 6. This is non-negotiable.
- The school uses the International Primary Curriculum model to structure learning. The features of the entry point and knowledge harvest are evident in the classrooms, and learning is enhanced by frequent visits and visitors, which is supported by the extensive network of partnerships that the Headteacher has established.
- Every class has a school trip every term to ensure that the children come into contact with a range of learning experiences.
- The Challenge Programme, to encourage confidence and self-belief, supports parents to support their child to take part in a range of extra-curricular activities around four key themes. This is extended to include Leadership in years 5/6.
- All Teaching Assistants within the school have a specific additional responsibility to extend the learning beyond the classroom.
- Support and intervention is arranged around gaps in learning, and is bespoke to the needs of the child at a particular time.
- Behaviour and learning is shared regularly with parents through a simple but focused use of target tracker and termly parent consultation days.