We have developed systems to support the following:
- Time allocated to leaders specifically for the monitoring of practice in subject areas, with feedback calendared into meeting times;
- Whole school learning walks are regularly scheduled with focus built into meeting schedule to enable CPD/teaching and learning focus to be based on evidence;
- ‘Big Write’ and ‘Big Maths’ consistently incorporated into teaching plans across the school;
- There is a non-negotiable approach to displays, presentation and handwriting across the school, with cursive case used consistently;
- Year Six have a cup for the ‘Writer of the Week’, that sits on the child’s desk. This has been quite competitive. This initiative has not moved into the rest of the school to ensure that there is a sense of aspiration to being in Year Six;
- Learning posters are published for every class, for every term, to ensure that parents have access to the curriculum in a simplified way to enable them to support the home learning for their child.