Essential to the leadership strategy is the following:
- Providing opportunities to develop staff’s leadership abilities at all levels;
- Providing extra support to Year 5/6 by combining the class across the two schools. This has given opportunities for younger children to have more support too;
- Putting strong teachers and leaders into the gaps arising from recruitment. This provides opportunity for leadership development and is often easier to recruit to the vacancy that the strong teacher leaves;
- Building in learning opportunities to the strengths of your support staff - a teaching assistant with experience in singing leads a singing assembly. Exploit personal passions!
- Tackling poor teaching straight away and being honest about performance.