The teaching and learning strategy is underpinned by:
- An interactive and immediate display that puts attendance for each class in the forefront of the school;
- Use of the TASC wheel for investigative work around science and history across the school;
- Focussed success criteria in writing tasks, with a clear and consistent marking policy across the school, for the children’s progression;
- Strong emphasis on collaborative planning and moderating, on at least a weekly basis;
- Exercise books printed with the school logo and pre-printed inside covers with VCOP, handwriting guidelines etc, which encourages pride in presentation and a sense of belonging;
- Consistency in displays across the school, with work proudly used to display mastery right through the year groups;
- An expectation of creativity, in a disciplined environment.