We have embedded whole school structures in which every child can participate:
- The School development plan is fully shared, on the website and around the school and with parents;
- Marking and feedback is consistent across the school, with a colour coded assessment policy;
- There are no negative school rules, only positive expectations;
- There is a high profile Harry Potter display in the dining room (including candles hanging from the ceiling!) for a class competition on attendance, with rewards built in. Each class is a different character;
- 'Maths Geeks' complete 100 sums in five minutes, any lunchtime, to get a special photo on the wall. There is another competition for the 'Maths Geekies' which tests specific tables, for 50 in a minute;
- 'English Nerds' complete spelling bees in a similar way.