We have embedded the following:
- We are completely committed to the language of learning and children are explicitly taught how they learn;
- Learning is collaborative at all levels. For instance, when working in small groups, children can readily identify where they have supported each other, or when they have been challenged to work collaboratively;
- Teachers have key principles that they stick to. They talk about learning, not subjects, and the children speak of what they are learning and how they are learning, rather than what they are doing;
- Displays are constantly changed to reflect the learning of the children;
- There are interactive opportunities all around the school, with displays reflecting questions and a sense of wonder;
- The community is at the heart of the school, with volunteers being enlisted in lots of ways to build projects within the school. Outside space is as important as inside space;
- Whilst we did have posters and displays which reinforced the BLP processes and language, we now don’t, because the language and process is so embedded. This allows for creativity and fluidity in the classroom, although you will, when visiting, notice a consistency in the language used.