We implemented the following:
- Using the CAS (Computing at School) areas of learning as a starting point, learning objectives for each year were drawn up;
- We altered the timetables to enable the subject specialist to team teach with each teacher initially, to increase confidence;
- We used training from the CAS ‘Barefoot’ initiative, which was run by volunteers from BT;
- We have created a code club and also enter national competitions to improve engagement;
- In Key Stage One we have developed the use of Beebots, and in Key Stage Two children use Scratch with some going on to use text-based languages.
- To meet curriculum requirements for physical control, we have borrowed hardware (Picoboards) from our Pyramid secondary school and purchased our own Crumbles.
- We have developed a range of cross-curricular links to ensure that the learning in computing is used in other subject areas, for example creating interactive stories on PowerPoint.