We have put in the following strategy:
- During Spring 2, we ran off-site revision days from 8.30am -9pm for year 11;
- On separate days we took out fifty students, grouped loosely by ability. Students received sharp, focused revision sessions from between an hour to 90 minutes;
- Over 98% of students chose to attend. There was no cost to the students;
- The sessions were led by teachers in both Core and option subjects, with a lead session on revision skills by the Headteacher, which provided the day with status;
- On exam days, we offered very focused revision breakfasts for that particular subject;
- The breakfasts were held in the same area each time so that there was consistency, food was provided and SLT were on hand to serve as well as ensure sessions started promptly;
- Students then had a thirty minute session before their examination for last minute anxieties and an opportunity to focus.