Maths teaching has been developed to include the following:
- Evening classes for parents have been run for a half term to develop parents’ skills in supporting children at home;
- Introducing a ‘growth mindset’ approach to children’s attitude to learning, especially mathematics;
- Developing a consistent approach to mastery in mathematics by the use of a high quality trainer, with the cost shared across the family of schools, and incorporating all members of staff;
- Pre-teaching sessions for new topics:
- Booster sessions led by the Headteacher for children needing extra support.