We have changed our approach to reading by:
- Improving monitoring of reading to enable us to identify gaps more quickly;
- Focussed more on the learning needs of the children, and therefore being flexible around groups and activities;
- Guided reading takes place every day for 20/25 minutes. Children register themselves and have an element of responsibility;
- We have a regular and structured review of the range of activities, with robust expectations of outcomes;
- Pupil voice is important to the review of reading-based learning;
- Blending a variety of resources, rather than limiting the range of activities available to one scheme.