We have implemented the following strategies without compromise:
- We commenced with the new curriculum as soon as it was announced, and we do not wait for others to create resources;
- All of our assessment documentation is taken directly from the curriculum documents, which has resulted in very secure judgements at moderation;
- We release staff to be county moderators, as this informs practice and shares ideas from other schools;
- We consistently share knowledge around end of year expectations, and we calendar regular meeting time for this;
- All key stage two classes write only on the right hand page. This provides scope for marking, feedback and redrafting on the left hand page, and embeds an ethos of crafting writing;
- We encourage children to write for real-life situations and in a variety of text-types.