We have changed our practice by:
- By addressing our policies to be more explicit in ensuring equality;
- We advised parents in writing of these changes;
- We created a ‘Rainbow Day’ to explore the rainbow flag, allocating each class a colour to explore in more detail;
- Baking was a large part of the experience, which helped get parents involved too. We set used the anti-bullying theme for our ‘Bake a Cake’ week, around ‘Make a Noise’, and we also decorated a bun with something unique to each of us;
- We then held a coffee and bake sale in addition to a display of our learning;
- We have incorporated texts into our curriculum from the book-lists of ‘Educate and Celebrate’, as well as the lesson resources, songs and planning advice.