A new marking policy has been developed as follows:
- The focus is on keeping the system simple, displayed on posters around the school and applied without compromise;
- Teachers mark in pink to highlight areas where the child has displayed skill (in the case of early years, this is a stamp);
- Green highlighting, or pen, explains areas that the child needs to develop;
- Purple is used by the children to demonstrate their progress (or feedback);
- Finally, blue denotes a peer has marked the work;
- This is described as: Tickled Pink, Green to Grow, Purple to Progress, and Blue for Buddy.
- The children can explain it readily as they move from year to year. In Early Years, the teacher uses symbols and stamps in the same colour scheme as the rest of the school to enable easy transition.