A new marking policy has been brought in to address the issues surrounding marking, as teachers were marking but the impact was not always apparent. Therefore, this policy incorporates the following:
- The language of 'Strength, Target and Action' are used consistently;
- Pens are colour-coded for peer, self and teacher marking and feedback;
- Adherence to strict deadlines around marking is a non-negotiable. These are written into the policy and teachers' appraisal;
- Support is given to teachers when marking loads are heavy – for example around the second mocks for English in Year 11 – but with tight expectations and deadlines;
- Strategies have been embedded to transfer the same style of feedback and marking for practical subjects.