We have developed our learning outside the classroom by:
- Embedding Forest School. We have five Forest School leaders trained to Level Three.
- All children, up to and including Year 3, visit the forest fortnightly. In Years 4, 5 and 6 pupils visit the forest every half term.
- As part of Forest schools, children learn to take risks e.g.: climbing trees, using equipment such as saws and drills, and lighting camp fires.
- The school uses links within the community, e.g.; the allotment society, to support fortnightly gardening.
- Teachers plan strong and frequent cross-curricular links using the schools outside space.