To create a cohesive and practical approach to learning we have developed the following:
- We use the National Association’s PE quality mark self -assessment tool to audit and improve our PE provision;
- We have developed a CPD programme for the whole school: pupils, parents, staff and the wider community;
- We always take account of pupil voice when making decisions regarding the PE offer – our 2k a day was as a result of listening to pupil voice. Children went to Kyson Primary to research the project. Click here to view Kyson Primary's case study;
- We hold masterclasses in dance, rugby and tennis, which talent-spots individual children. There is a rolling timetable that is specifically written for individuals and not all children on the programmes continue if they are not making the grade. This is supported by parents from the outset and objectives and purpose made very clear;
- We have specialist teaching of PE in KS2, and all KS1 and EYFS teachers receive subject specialist training;
- Children not making expected progress in PE are supported and interventions are put in place to strengthen key skills.