We have implemented teaching of modern foreign languages in our feeder primaries as follows:
- The school has commissioned a scheme of work that enables specialist teachers from the High School to deliver the primary MFL curriculum in feeder primary schools;
- High School teachers take primary classes for one hour per week and deliver the national curriculum to Years 5 and 6. Initially we ran this programme free of charge as the scheme was being developed;
- However, this has now been worked up into a formal Service Level Agreement between partner schools allowing for full QA of the scheme and realistic pricing to be agreed at the outset;
- This has allowed the High School to appoint additional staffing to deliver the scheme;
- It has also allowed students to visit the High School to continue their language learning and so has assisted transition.