We continue to develop our approach to ensuring the best possible outcomes for our pupils by:
- Providing completely free choice when selecting options to ensure pupils study subjects they want to, rather than those in an option block. Staff completely support this, offering twilight classes if necessary to enable children to take their subject;
- Investing time in ensuring children are fully informed about the GCSE choices they are making and what opportunities they provide;
- English and Maths skills take priority at every level. Literacy has to be embedded further down the curriculum;
- Offering study weekends (camping in a wood!). It is more about the motivational momentum this creates, rather than the actual topics covered;
- A non-negotiable of the school is that an element of an exam question has to be covered every lesson at GCSE;
- We repeat mock papers throughout the two years. These are marked very swiftly (planning time for the marking of them). All children have an opportunity to repeat an exam paper in their subject to a perfect 100% level;
- Intervention is swift and time-bound.