The following practices were introduced:
- A ‘Walk-through’ the examination for parents, so that they could understand the level of understanding and skill needed by their child in a subject that appears to have little traditional ‘content’;
- Packs of articles that parents and pupils could work through at home;
- Using the Growth Mind-set approach to focus learning;
- Information evenings for parents of pupils struggling to achieve expected progress;
- Purchase of revision aids for Pupil Premium children, regardless of their grade;
- Specifically tracking the progress of disadvantaged children by the Head of Department.