To ensure excellent outcomes for all our children we:
- Focus keenly on the development of our staff. We focus on the well-being and career path of all our teachers and support staff, as we believe that the core of good outcomes for children lays in ensuring that staff are fully equipped, supported and trained to deliver good and outstanding lessons;
- Ensure that every meeting with staff has a teaching and learning focus, and administration is dealt with via email and other methods.
- Build confidence in our staff by having a secure coaching and planning model, where staff often are mentoring student teachers or other staff;
- Plan to do two or three things really well, rather than focus on lots of initiatives at the same time. We plan carefully to ensure that we are not overloading staff with new systems all the time, and ensure that things are embedded, monitored and part of the culture before moving on. If something is not working, we stop it completely;
- Improved reading by using Accelerated Reader. It is thoroughly embedded in the school and we have used all the reporting tools it provides to ensure that we use it with fidelity. This has particularly challenged boys’ reading as interest levels are maintained. We challenge our book stock constantly. Our ICT lead monitors this rigorously with the literacy lead having strategic overview;
- Partake in the ‘Mile a Day’ activities to promote healthy outcomes and encourage good behaviour for learning;
- Encourage parental involvement by placing ‘how-to’ videos on our website. These are videos of our children demonstrating a range of methods of learning, and are designed to ensure that they are non-threatening, but allow parents to access advice when supporting children at home. This is part of an overall strategy.