There are a variety of ways of embedding storytelling:
- In this school, the Deputy Headteacher was trained directly for three days over the year, which was cascaded to every teacher in the school after each session;
- The delivery is simple: pupils hear the story, map it, act (or step) the story, and then develop it in a variety of ways;
- Further topic work then arises, embedding the memory skills;
- Rather than stories coming out of topics, the curriculum is embedded into the stories being told;
- The approach of story-telling appeals to a variety of learning styles, and enables pupils to develop creativity and linguistic skills, and apply those skills to a range of developed writing.