A specialist programme was led by our MaST who implemented:
- Withdrawal of potential Level 6 pupils for one hour a week to work with the MaST, whilst the HLTA taught the rest of the class;
- Engagement of parents with a variety of homework tasks and resources, supported by parent meetings;
- Involvement of governors in facilitating budget and time;
- Extension of class teaching to include L6 skills in all Year Six lessons;
- Use of the ‘Teaching for Mastery’ resources from NCETM, with four levels of mastery challenges.