The teaching in Early Years and across the school has been developed to include the following:
- We follow the Reggio Emilia approach in the Early Years;
- Across the school we have modelled our environment on this approach, which recognises the importance of the environment in the learning experience of children;
- We have developed an open kitchen where the children cook daily; they have areas for growing food and even rear chickens for eggs;
- We use ‘Pinterest’ to gather ideas for storage, displays and creative play;
- For children moving into the school, we have a comprehensive checklist for the teacher to work through within the first week, to ensure children and parents are settled quickly;
- Packs for incoming children and parents are made up and stored ready, so that class teachers are not looking for an exercise book and the child feels instantly welcomed;
- The school offers a comprehensive range of parental engagement opportunities.