The teaching and learning has been strengthened to include the following:
- Children in the school say the school prayer every day, to remind them why they are in school. This also supports the school pledge said at Forest Academy every morning. High expectations around the presentation of work, with interactive displays and reminders everywhere, and children sign a ‘presentation pledge’;
- ‘Golden Orb’ moments, where children can explicitly reflect on their learning;
- High standard of displays, which are consistently learning focussed, and regularly updated;
- We have a set of non-negotiables in our classroom checklist, which includes such things as: displays and expectations of their content; behaviour management strategy, including the Golden Rules; expectations around resources;
- A one page behaviour checklist that outlines expectations of staff and children, including rewards and consequences.