The teaching and learning has been strengthened to include the following:
- Children in the Academy say the ‘Forest Academy Pledge’ every day, to remind them why they are in school. This also supports the school prayer said at Elveden every morning.
- High expectations around the presentation of work, with interactive displays and reminders everywhere, and children sign a ‘presentation pledge’;
- ‘Golden Orb’ moments, where children can explicitly reflect on their learning;
- High standard of displays, which are consistently learning focussed, and regularly updated;
- We have a set of non-negotiables in our classroom checklist, which includes such things as: displays and expectations of their content; behaviour management strategy, including the Golden Rules; expectations around resources;
- A one page behaviour checklist that outlines expectations of staff and children, including rewards and consequences.