We have used Linguamarque to improve our provision as follows:
- We have implemented the programme across the pyramid to enable the children to access secondary teaching more consistently;
- We completed the staff audit to understand the level of skill in the school and support colleagues appropriately;
- We have one lead who monitors the classroom practice to ensure consistency of approach across the school;
- Whilst we were confident about the speaking and listening aspect of the curriculum, implementing portfolios for all children with progression in grammar and vocabulary mapped has enabled us to better track the progress of all of our Key Stage Two children;
- We have set up French displays in all the classrooms, including: Key Stage 1 have a variety of languages/ cultural material on display; we have a map of the world with 'Hello’ written in different languages; we have photographs of staff members, detailing the languages that they speak; we also have an enormous French flag in the school hall, on which pupils' extra/ good work goes on display;
- Children receive certificates for good work, and these are also on this board. Following language days e.g. European Day of Languages/ French day, photographs are displayed;
- The school blog is regularly updated for parents and children to share their experiences, and we often invite parents in to share their experiences and traditions.