We have created the following:
- All new staff, recruited to whatever role, are given a term to familiarise themselves with our ethos, policies and procedures, and to establish and hone their classroom practice;
- Staff are encouraged to participate in team teaching, observe and be observed over the course of this term, to enable reflective practice to be embedded;
- We regularly record teaching and learning on ipads to share what has worked (and what hasn’t!) with each other, which creates an ethos of trust;
- Any changes to practice or policies are introduced on a research-led approach. Teachers are encouraged to research, trial and evaluate before introducing any changes;
- We have a culture of encouraging and recognising staff’s strengths. Furthermore, when roles change within a school, the new lead and previous lead are given time to mentor and ‘handover’ over the course of a few terms, to ensure that time is given to adapt and support any changes required;
- Subject leads meet together regularly to share practice and practical matters such as resource planning and calendars. This enables the smooth running of events and efficient use of budgets.