We changed our approach by developing Teaching and Learning Communities as follows:
- All teaching colleagues, including trainees, NQTs and TAs, attend a half termly session on an element of teaching and learning to develop their pedagogy;
- From this we then moved to differentiating the communities with outstanding practitioners leading the learning;
- All staff self-evaluate their practice with their line manager to establish need and the potential CPD opportunities;
- Support staff have been involved to consolidate understanding of good and outstanding teaching in the classroom;
- Alongside formal observations and daily learning walks, colleagues arrange to peer observe key elements and feed back. This has enabled staff to take more risks;
- Levels have increased across KS3 including reading and spelling ages. Progress at KS4 and KS5 have significantly improved.